Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So on Friday night L instant messaged me about whether Mom had talked to me or not. i said that she hadn't and my first question was if Dad had died. She said No, that that was what she had thought at first too, but that he had decided to go off of dialysis and that he was in the hospitol and then twould go into the nursing home to die. When I heard this I had very mixed feelings because my mom has been taking such intensive personal care of my dad for the last few weeks. i was hoping the something magical would happen that would make it possible for him to get better, but when you are in end stage kidney failure, that is not gonna happen. In fact there is really no way up from here if you catch my drift. Dialysis is a last resort end of the road for many diabetic patients, and the alternative is death. On Saturday morning I had to get my hair colored, and I was feeling pretty meloncholy so I told chad that I wanted to cancel Easter, and do it another time. We listened to the first session of conference and I printe off conference packets from Sugardoodle.com for the kids. It really helped them to enjoy the talks better. They sat for nearly the whole first session, whicfh surprised me. I am so glad that I got to hear the talks in the first session. C was working on his work project and trying to get a bug figured out. After I left, I went straight to get my hair done. I swear Misty is the absolute best hair dressser in the world, and your life really sucks if you don't have her doing your hair. The saddest part is that you don't even know, because you have your boring old hair lady that you are used to. No offense, but she is really that great. Anywho....
After an immeasurably great hair style and color from Misty, I went home to the family. At this time I called about 20 people to get ready to go out of town. Called G, called C, N, K, J you name it I had so much that had to be done to get my crap together before I left town, I had a flight to cancel, a conference to cancel, two YW activities, an SC audit, you name it, I had to cancel it. Saddest thing is that C could not go with me to IF. It is horrible not to have him btw. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment